Imagine landing at the airport in Austin, Texas—the venue for the Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources’ 45th Spring Conference, March 30–April 1, 2016—and stepping off the plane you see a fellow Section member that you haven’t been in contact with for ages. The encounter energizes you.
You glance out the cab window as you approach the Hyatt Regency in downtown Austin, noting that the serene Lady Bird Lake and the field of bluebonnets are within walking distance of the conference hotel. The scenery energizes you.
You check into your room and head to the conference registration table where you run into familiar faces of colleagues and friends that you have failed to keep up with over the last few months . . . years. The smiles and warm welcome energize you.
You glance at the conference materials and program, realizing that at least three or more of the topics directly relate to specific issues you are currently addressing with your clients. The program content and the caliber of the speakers energize you.
You reflect for a moment that you made the right decision to attend this conference because the program, the speakers, the public service project, and the events will energize you and your practice. This is the face value of attending the 45th Spring Conference.
Highlights of the 45th Spring Conference include:
- A public service project of shore cleanup and habitat restoration at nearby Lady Bird Lake
- A keynote address by EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy (invited) and Assistant Attorney General John Cruden
- A general counsel roundtable
Wide-ranging sessions will address:
- Hot topics in enforcement
- Air, water, and waste—immediate issues affecting the law practice of environmental, energy, and resource attorneys
- Practice series guide for attorneys practicing in Region 6
- Supreme Court round-up
- Due diligence in complex transaction from an in-house counsel perspective
- Obama’s legacy on climate change
- Production, transportation, and export of oil and gas
- Ethics in today’s law practice
And there will be opportunities to visit with friends old and new:
- Section dinner on Thursday, followed by an after-hours social at The Ginger Man in Austin’s Warehouse District,
- Taste of SEER dine-around event on Friday evening
- Networking breaks between sessions
Join us in Austin on Wednesday, March 30 through Friday, April 1 for the 45th Spring Conference and get energized!