We are excited to be among the contributors to the first edition of the Pesticide, Chemical Regulation, and Right-to-Know Committee Newsletter for the 2018–2019 American Bar Association (ABA) year. Thanks to our programs vice chairs, our committee already has hosted two very successful programs this year. With our newsletter, Year-in-Review contribution, Friday Forums, and our collaborative programs with CropLife America, the Environmental Law Institute, and other co-sponsored events, we are expecting to have a very productive and exciting ABA year.
This year’s leadership group includes vice chairs that represent the very deep talent in our committee membership. We are excited to be working with a stellar group:
- Lynn L. Bergeson (Committee Newsletter Vice Chair)
- Irene Hantman (Programs Vice Chair)
- Rachel G. Lattimore (At-Large Vice Chair)
- Keith A. Matthews (Membership Co-Vice Chair)
- Judah Prero (Additional (Friday Forum) Co-Vice Chair)
- Karyn M. Schmidt (Membership Co-Vice Chair)
- Freedom Smith (Marketing and Communications/Social Media Vice Chair)
- James G. Votaw (Year in Review Vice Chair)
- Tabby Waqar (Additional (Friday Forum) Co-Vice Chair)
We encourage all of our members to become involved through participation in the programs, The Year in Review, and newsletter. Please reach out to the vice chairs and to your co-chairs with ideas for programs or articles and to indicate your interest in any particular topic or event. A special welcome is extended to our student and young lawyer members. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us or the vice chairs with any questions about the committee and participation in the committee’s activities.
Finally, ABA has launched a new website and there have been challenges. If you are having issues, please contact Service@AmericanBar.org and if the issues are not resolved, please let us know. The committee has a wealth of written material and speakers to enrich your practice and we want to make sure you continue to receive information during this transition period.
Sara Beth Watson