These awards were presented in October 2020. Most award acceptance speeches can be viewed on the ABA SEER YouTube channel here.
- ABA Lifetime Achievement Award in Environmental, Energy, or Resources Law and Policy
John C. Cruden, Principal, Beveridge & Diamond PC
- ABA Award for Excellence in Environmental, Energy, and Resources Stewardship
Savonala "Savi" Horne, Executive Director, Land Loss Prevention Project
- Award for Distinguished Achievement in Environmental Law and Policy
The Environmental Law Institute’s “ELI at 50” program
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Dedication to Diversity and Justice Award
Colette Pichon Battle, Executive Director, The Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy
The Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Government Attorney of the Year Award
Jim Shore, General Counsel, Seminole Tribe of Florida
Karen Wardzinski (retired), Section Chief, Law and Policy, Environment and Natural Resources Division, U.S. Department of Justice
Karen accepted this award before her passing on September 25, 2020. We will honor her exceptional career achievements and contributions to the Section during the 28th SEER Fall Conference.
- The State or Local Bar Environment, Energy, and Resources Program of the Year Award
Powered by New Mexico: Energy Use and Production in the Land of Enchantment, New Mexico State Bar, Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Section
- Law Student Environment, Energy, and Resources Program of the Year Award
26th Annual Public Interest Environmental Conference, "The Rights of Nature: Defending our Biosphere," University of Florida Levin College of Law (Jana Caracciolo and Ben Hobbs, Co-Chairs)
Learn more about the seven SEER awards on this page.