OUR MISSION is to educate lawyers in the legal principles and transactional aspects of entertainment and sports law; to provide a platform for the discussion of issues affecting these fields, and to foster excellence in the practice of law in these fields. The forum is governed by a seven-member governing committee. Because of the diverse subjects covered by the forum, the governing committee created the following divisions: Arts & Museums; Digital Media and New Technologies; Electronic Gaming; International; Literary Publishing; Litigation; Licensing and Merchandising; Motion Pictures, Television, Cable, and Radio; Music and Personal Appearances; Sports; Theater and Performing Arts; and Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
The Forum Executive Committee, elected by the Forum membership, is comprised of the Chair, Chair-Elect, and Immediate Past Chair who are vested with the powers and duties necessary for the administration of the activities of the Forum.
The 6-person Governing Committee members-at-large, elected by the Forum membership, provide support to the Executive Committee in the operations of the Forum.
Overall, the Forum leadership consists of:
- The Officers (Chair, Chair-Elect, Immediate Past Chair)
- Six (6) Governing Committee Members-at-Large
- Eleven (11) Operational / Administrative Committee Chairs
- Tweleve (12) Division Chairs
- Annual Meeting Activities and Planning Chairs
- Regional Meeting Planning Chairs
- Liaisions from Other Related Entities
- Forum Liaisions to Other Related Entities
- Forum Past Chairs
Forum Technology Specialist
Phone: (312) 988-5653
American Bar Association
Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
321 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654-7598