We are grateful for every donation, including memorials, tributes, and contributions from members and friends. As part of a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all donations are tax deductible.
The ABA Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence addresses the acute need to increase the number of well-trained and supported attorneys providing representation to victims by providing creative training opportunities for lawyers, law students, and other legal advocates.
We are proud to provide expert, comprehensive education for the legal profession, information to the public to change social norms, and advocacy for system reform, all with a focus on serving the needs of marginalized or vulnerable communities.
You can help us to mobilize the legal profession to increase access to justice for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking!
- $25 = training materials for one legal services lawyer
- $100 = law journal subscription to support our legal updates for advocates
- $300 = teleconference for 150 victim’s attorneys on new caselaw and legal strategies
- $1,000 = sign language interpreters for a 1-day training
- $1,500 = prize money offered in our annual law student writing competition to inspire the next generation of legal advocates
- $5,000 = three interactive webinars for victim’s attorneys to build skills to better serve marginalized communities
- $20,000 = a 1-day intensive training institute for 40 victim’s attorneys