June 13, 14, 15 & 16, 2023 via live Zoom Sessions | Agenda
The Trial Skills Institute taking place online teaches and enhances the litigation skills of attorneys who represent survivors of domestic violence in contested hearings and trials. Working from a hypothetical fact pattern, participants perform closing arguments, direct and cross examinations, evidentiary foundations, and impeachment exercises in a series of online modules, and receive immediate feedback and constructive critique from expert faculty. Participants have the opportunity to improve other skills, including case strategizing, verbal and nonverbal communication techniques, thinking quickly on their feet, and overcoming objections and other special challenges that may arise in the courtroom. As a result of participating in this virtual Institute, attorneys will gain confidence and improve their abilities to effectively represent their clients in order of protection and other family law cases.
- The Trial Skills Institute is open to attorneys only.
- There is no cost to attend this training.
- Priority will be given to OVW grantees.
- No MCLE credits will be provided.
- Please note that this training is highly interactive and involves substantial preparation on your own time. We ask that you please plan to attend the entire program.