- Presented by Gillian Chadwick, Associate Professor of Law, Washburn University School of Law; Linda Lopez, Deputy Director, Sanctuary for Families; and Dipti Pidikiti-Smith, Deputy Director of Advocacy, Legal Services of Northern Virginia
- March 29, 2022 (2:00 p.m. ET)
This two-hour session supports attorneys in responding to and safety planning when an opposing counsel and/or opposing party is aggressive or hostile. As a result of participating in this session, participants are better able to:
- Describe potential legal and non-legal remedies to respond to aggressive opposing counsel and parties.
- Identify safety planning policies that an agency should have to support and respond to staff experiencing aggression from opposing counsel and parties.
- Develop systemic responses and protocols to respond to aggressive opposing counsel and parties.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2018-TA-AX-K006 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this program are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women.