We have developed this database of pleadings and other documents to serve as a resource for attorneys representing survivors of domestic and sexual violence in family law matters. If you have a pleading that you think may be helpful to others, please contact us here and we will consider adding it to the database.
Please note that the documents provided here are samples that other practitioners have used in their practice; they may be jurisdiction-specific and all pleadings do not apply to all circumstances. As always, please be aware of your local rules and statutes before filing any pleadings.
- Request for Admissions
- Interrogatories and Requests for Production of Documents Regarding Custody
- Interrogatories and Affidavit Regarding Finances
- Subpoena Duces Tecum
- Affidavit of Records Custodian
- Motion to Compel Discovery (with Memorandum of Points and Authorities)
- Motion for Discovery Sanctions
- Motion to Quash Subpoena
- Affidavit of Mental Health Expert Opposing Joint Custody
- Affidavit of Advocate Opposing Joint Custody
- Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law
- Proposed Order Relinquishing Jurisdiction to New State
- Trial Excerpts
- Motion to Modify the Civil Protection Order
- Opposition to Motion to Vacate the Civil Protection Order
- Memorandum of Points and Authorities in Opposition to Motion for Reconsideration
- Motion for Contempt/Show Cause
This database is supported by Grant No. 2015-TA-AX-K054 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this database are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women.