The Commission on Women in the Profession’s 30th Annual Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards event took place virtually via Zoom on August 27 with more than 400 individuals in attendance. All proceeds go toward the Commission’s programs and projects.
The filmed introductions for each honoree and their live speeches can be found by following the links below:
- Ruthe Catolico Ashley—executive director emeritus, California LAW, Sacramento, CA; https://youtu.be/2iiHEz7hCr8
- Hon. Anna Blackburne-Rigsby—chief judge, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Washington, DC; https://youtu.be/uGW7gbvh7hI
- Deborah Epstein—professor of law and co-director, Domestic Violence Clinic, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC; https://youtu.be/ex9TXloCHX4
- Wendi Lazar—partner, Outten & Golden LLP, New York, NY; https://youtu.be/eqmwaW1Swws
- Regina Montoya—CEO, Regina T. Montoya, PLLC, Dallas, TX; https://youtu.be/PhSwOL0G9gI
The nomination process for the 31st Annual Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards is expected to open online in mid-October 2020. More information about the criteria for the award and the application process can be found at http://www.ambar.org/brentawards.
The Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards were established in 1991 to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of women lawyers. Each year, the Commission honors up to five outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence within their area of specialty and have actively paved the way to success for other women lawyers. These women demonstrate excellence in a variety of professional settings and personify excellence on the national, regional, or local level.