The Commission on Women in the Profession is proud to announce the recipients of the 30th Annual Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards. The award was established in 1991 to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of women lawyers. Each year, this award honors up to five outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence in their area of specialty and have actively paved the way to success for other women lawyers. These women demonstrate excellence in a variety of professional settings and personify excellence on either the national, regional, or local level. The honorees will receive the award at a luncheon during the ABA Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, on August 2, 2020.
- • Ruthe Catolico Ashley—executive director emeritus; California LAW; Sacramento, CA
- • Hon. Anna Blackburne-Rigsby—chief judge, District of Columbia Court of Appeals; Washington, D.C.
- • Deborah Epstein—professor of law and co-director; Domestic Violence Clinic; Georgetown University Law Center; Washington, D.C.
- • Wendi Lazar—partner, Outten & Golden LLP; New York, NY
- • Regina Montoya—CEO, Regina T. Montoya, PLLC; Dallas, TX
Information about how to support the Commission and its 2020 Margaret Brent Luncheon can be found at http://www.ambar.org/brentawards.