Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission on Women in the Profession has changed this year’s Margaret Brent Lawyers of Achievement Awards ceremony to a virtual event at 4 p.m. CT on August 27. For ticket and registration information, as well as opportunities to support the honorees, please visit Margaret Brent Awards.
This years’ recipients are:
- Ruthe Catolico Ashley—executive director emeritus, California LAW; Sacramento, CA
- Hon. Anna Blackburne-Rigsby—chief judge, District of Columbia Court of Appeals; Washington, DC
- Deborah Epstein—professor of law and co-director, Domestic Violence Clinic, Georgetown University Law Center; Washington, DC
- Wendi Lazar—partner, Outten & Golden LLP; New York, NY
- Regina Montoya—CEO, Regina T. Montoya, PLLC; Dallas, TX
Established in 1991 to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of women lawyers, each year this prestigious award honors up to five outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence in their area of specialty and actively paved the way to success for other women lawyers. These women demonstrate excellence in a variety of professional settings and personify excellence on either the national, regional, or local level.