The Commission on Women in the Profession’s Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards Luncheon, which took place on August 11 as part of the 2019 ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, attracted approximately 650 attendees.
This year’s honorees are:
• Raquel Aldana—associate vice-chancellor for academic diversity, professor of law; University of California, Davis; Davis, CA
• Michelle Banks—senior advisor and executive coach; BarkerGilmore, LLC; San Francisco, CA
• Kelly Dermody—office managing partner (San Francisco) and employment practice group chairperson; Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein, LLP; San Francisco, CA
• Hon. Judith McConnell—administrative presiding justice, Court of Appeal; Fourth Appellate District; San Diego, CA
• Julie Su—labor secretary; California Labor and Workforce Development Agency; Sacramento, CA
Video introductions for each honoree, as well as their acceptance speeches from the Brent Luncheon, can be viewed at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/diversity/women/margaret-brent-awards/pasthonorees/.