The Commission on Women in the Profession is proud to announce the recipients of the 29th Annual Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards. The award was established in 1991 to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of women lawyers. This award annually honors up to five outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence within their area of specialty and have actively paved the way to success for other women lawyers. These women demonstrate excellence in a variety of professional settings and personify excellence on either the national, regional, or local level. The honorees will receive the award at a luncheon during the ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, California, on Sunday, August 11, 2019.
- Raquel Aldana; associate vice chancellor for Academic Diversity, professor of law; University of California, Davis; Davis, CA
- Michelle Banks; senior advisor and executive coach; BarkerGilmore, LLC; San Francisco, CA
- Kelly M. Dermody; office managing partner (San Francisco) and employment practice group chairperson; Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein, LLP; San Francisco, CA
- Hon. Judith McConnell; administrative presiding justice, Court of Appeal; Fourth Appellate District; San Diego, CA
- Julie A. Su; labor secretary; California Labor and Workforce Development Agency; Sacramento, CA
Information about how to support the Commission and its 2019 Margaret Brent Luncheon can be found at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/diversity/women/margaret-brent-awards.