Please join the Commission on Women in the Profession for the 25th Annual Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards Luncheon at the ABA Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, on Sunday, August 2, from 12:00pm–2:00pm at the Swissôtel.
The ABA Commission on Women established the Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award in 1991 to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of women lawyers. The award honors outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence in their area of specialty and have actively paved the way to success for other women lawyers. It is presented to five women lawyers who excel in a variety of professional settings and who personify excellence on the national, regional, or local level.
The 2015 Honorees:
- Mari Carmen Aponte, ambassador of the United States to El Salvador, Washington, D.C.
- Flora D. Darpino, lieutenant general and judge advocate general, U.S. Army, Washington, D.C.
- Fernande R.V. (Nan) Duffly, associate justice, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Boston, Massachusetts
- Mary Ann Hynes, senior counsel, Dentons US LLP, Chicago, Illinois
- Emma Coleman Jordan, professor of law, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
Pay tribute to the 2015 Margaret Brent honorees by purchasing a table (each table seats 10) and/or a special tribute in our commemorative awards program book. Make tributes to the honorees or other women lawyers who have touched your life or the lives of those around you. Reserved tables are $1,750, and full-page tributes are $1,000. Corporate sponsorship opportunities also are available. For more information, contact Kirsten Crowhurst at 312-988-5668, send an e-mail to Kirsten.Crowhurst@americanbar.org, or visit the Commission website at www.ambar.org/BrentAwards.