Zero Tolerance Program Toolkit
The work of the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession is made possible by the generosity of supporters. If you find our resources useful, please consider making a donation to the Fund for Justice and Education and note that your donation be given to the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession.
We need your feedback and suggestions. If you present the Zero Tolerance Program Toolkit, please complete the Toolkit Use form here.
If you would like to discuss the Toolkit with staff, please contact Ashleigh Hill at email@example.com
Nothing contained in this toolkit is to be considered as the rendering of legal advice for specific cases, and readers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. This toolkit is intended for educational and informational purposes only.
- Toolkit Brochure - Why the Toolkit Was Developed and How to Use It
Planning the Program
- Program Agenda - Sample conference agendas for a 1 1/2 or 2-hour program. Includes format, sequence of presentations, and segment options.
- PowerPoint Slides - Customizable slides with talking points
- Program Materials - PDFs to serve as handouts at the program
- Discussion Scenarios- Includes several descriptions of commonplace instances of sexual harassment, gender-based bullying, and/or bystander apathy.
- Speakers Bureau - Potential speakers and panelists.
Marketing the Program
- Marketing Material- Sample text that can be used to create a marketing flyer.
- Ask yourself these four questions to ensure a successful event.
- Bibliography - Links to articles, reports, and websites that can be referenced for a more in-depth understanding of the issues, to be distributed to speakers in advance of the presentation for background information and to attendees as appropriate.
Additional Resources- Links listed below provide resources for individuals. Select additional resources to access links for employers.
- BetterBrave - A guide for targets of sexual harassment
- Employee’s Guide: Sexually Harassed — What Should I Do Next?
- The Feminist Majority Foundation - List of Hotlines and Resources
- Know Your Rights at Work - Sexual Harassment
- Lean In - Resources for Individuals
- National Center for Transgender Equality - Outlines rights and procedures to address discrimination for transgender employees
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center - Publications regarding anti-sexual violence; Links to national and state anti-sexual violence organizations
- RAINN - Self-care after trauma
- The Sexual Harassment Handbook
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights - Sexual Harassment Resources
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - What to do if you have been harassed at work
Please also visit our Grit Project Program Toolkit here.