Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be either a first or second or third year law student in good standing in an ABA accredited law school, or a recent law graduate from an ABA accredited law school still studying for the Bar Exam.
- Have a secured an internship or job for Summer 2023 (which may extend beyond the Summer) and/or the Fall of 2023 with a public interest organization engaged in legal or policy work with a direct impact on LGBTQ individuals.
Applicants will be evaluated on the strength of their complete application and all supporting materials, and demonstrated commitment to improve the legal and social standing of the LGBTQ community, including LGBTQ individuals. Every effort will be made to award two scholarships and to reflect diversity in the award recipients. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. .
- Complete online application form here. The link will bring you to a scholarship portal page.
Be sure to select the ABA LGBT Public Interest Scholarship 2023 box.
Please read application instructions carefully.
* All supporting materials will be uploaded to the application where indicated.
- Current Resume
- Law School Transcript
- Personal Statement (Not exceeding 500 words)
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
Applications must be submitted by April 28, 2023 (COB)
For additional inquiries, contact us at [email protected]
This page features LGBT Public Interest Scholarship recipients from 2019-2022.
Support our LGBT Scholars
The scholarship program will help law students to pursue the promoting civil and human rights of LGBTQ persons and help secure full and equal treatment in the legal profession and justice system.
Your charitable gift is guaranteed to make a positive difference for LGBT law students and diversifying the legal profession.
Make a charitable gift to the SOGI LGBT Scholarship Fund.