Are you a lawyer or law student interested in disability law or disability rights? If so, the Commission on Disability Rights has an e-mail list, the Disability Discussion Docket (3D), that may be of interest to you. This e-mail list is a frequently used Listserv free and open to all.
- Send an email (no subject or text necessary) to the address linked below
- You will receive an email asking you to confirm your interest
- Respond to the email
- You will be added to the list, and will be included on all subsequent mailing list communications
3D has two purposes:
- a means of distribution for news, events, and information regarding disability law and disability rights
- a discussion forum for various matters related to lawyers and law students with disabilities
Below is 3D's current list policy:
- Proper reply. If an individual who sends out the initial e-mail requests that all replies are sent to him or her, make sure you reply to that person only and not the list's address.
- Do not be afraid to pitch in. Everyone on this list has some experience that is worth contributing on one topic or another.
- Keep the discussion civil.
- Legal advice and referrals. Participants must ensure that nothing they distribute over 3D may be considered as the rendering of legal advice; 3D is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The contents, including any referrals, of any e-mail are solely the responsibility of the e-mail's author and may not be construed as representing or reflecting the views of the American Bar Association or the Commission on Disability Rights. By using 3D, the e-mail's author agrees to indemnify and defend the ABA, its officer, employees and agents (including the reimbursement of reasonable attorney's fees) for costs incurred as a result of statements made in the author's e-mail.
- Political opinions. The purpose of the list is to help inform its members of disability law and disability rights issues. From time to time, such matters will intersect with politics and political news. Therefore, no messages will be allowed on the list that are partisan in nature or contain political opinions or political endorsements. No messages or links may originate from any political campaign. The ABA is a non-partisan, voluntary membership organization. Neither the ABA nor the Commission on Disability Rights has a political action committee, makes political contributions, or endorses candidates for office.
- Make sure that all items sent over 3D, including documents and videos, are in an accessible format.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to [email protected]
As of 8/21/15, 3D has over 930 subscribers.