Kirkland & Ellis Justice Fellow
The Disability Rights Legal Center (DRLC) seeks a dynamic and motivated attorney with outstanding academic and professional credentials to hold the positon of Kirkland & Ellis Justice Fellow. The Fellow will work with DRLC staff attorneys, law student interns and pro bono attorneys in providing representation to persons with disabilities in legal matters, including impact litigation. The Fellow will also engage in outreach to legal organizations, service providers, and other attorneys in order to facilitate meaningful referrals for callers and educate the community about DRLC's services. This is a full time, exempt position. Compensation depending upon experience.
- Admitted to practice in California
- 1-5 years litigation experience, which should include undertaking factual investigation into potential cases, conducting legal research to develop legal claims, propounding and responding to written discovery, taking and defending depositions, writing briefs, preparing for and participating in settlement negotiations and implementing settlement agreements or consent decrees.
- Knowledge of Disability Rights Law strongly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest advocacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, work independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual English/Spanish capability is a plus
To apply, please send the following to Luis Gomez, Executive Assistant, [email protected]
- Cover letter
- Three references
- A list of the major cases you have worked on and a description of your role