Travelers is pleased to partner with the American Bar Association's Commission on Disability Rights to promote our 1L Summer Claim Legal and Corporate Legal Internship Programs for law students with disabilities.
The goal of the 1L Summer Legal Internship Program is to hire and develop high potential candidates by providing meaningful experiences with, and exposure to, seasoned attorneys. Summer legal interns have the opportunity to conduct legal research, draft briefs and motions, and observe proceedings in various courts.
The internship begins on June 2, 2020 and runs through August 2020 with flexibility on the intern’s end date. Interns in this program are paid $26 per hour, with an intended 40-hour work week.
The internship positions are located in Hartford, Connecticut. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation while participating in the program.
• Must be entering second year of law school in the fall of 2020
• Must be a law student with a disability
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong academic credentials, legal research, and analytical skills
• Prior leadership experience
• Prior business-related experience or interest
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Be enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school
• Be (or become) a member of the American Bar Association
How to Apply
Claim Legal attorneys provide an array of services, including analysis of first and third-party coverage issues, litigation of coverage disputes and other claims against the Company, examinations under oath, training, drafting and review of policy language, and assistance with regulatory and compliance matters.
- Job Posting ID = 23081BR
- Job Title = Legal Intern – Claim
Corporate Legal attorneys handle a wide variety of the Company’s legal needs, including mergers, acquisitions, corporate finance, investment advice, contract, procurement and intellectual property. The Corporate Litigation team manages non-claim litigation, shareholder and securities litigation, class action litigation relating to the Company’s business practices, litigation concerning the Company’s real estate and investments, the bankruptcies of our customers and agency disputes.
- Job Posting ID = 23082BR
- Job Title = Legal Intern – Corporate
Sunday, December 15, 2019