Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of University interns from every corner of the world. This opportunity will allow you to bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
A Legal Counsel Intern manages legal business matters and provides corporate and commercial legal services to in-house clients, counsels business partners and executives on a broad range of issues, which may include legal, business, public relations, government affairs, corporate image, Customer Partner Experience, regulatory compliance, or cross-Microsoft related matters. Reviews legal data and advises the organization on appropriate legal action. Identifies legal risks and develops solutions and mitigation strategies.
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes.
- Acts as the primary legal contact (generalist or subject matter expert) for assigned clients; executes routine to moderate-impact legal matters; provides support (e.g., revises templates, answers client questions about legal process) to higher-level attorneys.
- Serves as a contributor to clients and colleagues about legal and related business matters (e.g., privacy, intellectual property, regulatory compliance).
- Provides input and continuous feedback to improve process efficiencies within role; identifies opportunities and tools to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Currently pursuing a Juris Doctorate Degree OR Legal Apprenticeship
- Must have at least one quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
The base pay range for this internship is USD $6,750 - $12,990 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $8,670 - $14,210 per month. Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here:
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline: January 5th
Please complete the following steps to be considered for our internship opportunities.
1. Submit your application through the Microsoft Careers Site
2. Complete the expression of interest form
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.