The American Bar Association’s (ABA) Commission on Disability Rights is pleased to partner with Accenture LLP to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a limited number of highly motivated, first-year law students living with disabilities. The 2023 summer law intern program will be held at Accenture’s offices virtually. The 1L summer internship will run from June 1 to July 28, 2023. Interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $7,500.
The summer internship program will provide interns the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Accenture’s businesses. Other features of the program include:
- Participation in training programs presented by Accenture attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department;
- Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and provide guidance on projects;
- Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review, interviewing, skill development, networking and other individual needs;
- Practice interviews and presentations and shadow attorneys on various projects;
- Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships.
- Be (or become)a member of the American Bar Association;
- Be a law student with a disability;
- Be enrolled at an ABA accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent); and
- Be scheduled for graduation in spring 2025 (full-time students) or spring 2026 (part-time students).
The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest. The internship is virtual. Candidates must be located within the United States or Puerto Rico, be able to work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central time, and have reliable internet access.
HOW TO APPLY
Please write “Accenture Internship” in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on January 31, 2023.