The American Bar Association’s (ABA) Commission on Disability Rights is pleased to partner with Accenture LLP to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a very limited number of highly motivated, first-year law students living with disabilities. The 2021 summer law intern program will be held at Accenture’s offices virtually. The 1L summer internship will run from June 1 to July 30, 2021. Interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $7,500.
The summer internship program will provide interns the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Accenture’s businesses. Other features of the program include:
- Participation in training programs presented by Accenture attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department;
- Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and provide guidance on projects;
- Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review, interviewing, skill development, networking and other individual needs;
- Practice interviews and presentations and shadow attorneys on various projects;
- Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships.
- Be (or become)a member of the American Bar Association;
- Be a law student with a disability;
- Be enrolled at an ABA accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent); and
- Be scheduled for graduation in spring 2023 (fulltime students) or spring 2024 (part time students).
The ideal applicant will have financial or business related experience or interest. The internship will be virtual/remote.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit your cover letter, resume, list of three references, and copy of your transcript to Paul Chadha via email, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write “Accenture Internship” in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on January 29, 2021.