1L Summer Internship Program with Prudential Financial, Inc.
The American Bar Association's (ABA) Commission on Disability Rights is pleased to partner with Prudential Financial, Inc. (Prudential) to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a highly motivated, first-year law student with a disability. The Commission will select a student to join the 2021 summer law intern class for a 10-week internship. The internship will either be virtual, or if possible, at Prudential's New Jersey offices, with flexibility depending on the specifics of the situation.
The summer internship will provide interns with the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Prudential’s businesses. Other features of the summer internship program include:
- Paid attendance at the 2021 1L LCLD Scholars Virtual Summit, May 18-20, 2021
- Participation in training programs presented by Prudential attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department
- Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and will provide guidance on projects and other substantive work
- Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review
- Interviewing skill development and mock interview practice
- Networking both within Prudential and externally with law firms and regulatory groups
- Presentation development and delivery
- The opportunity to shadow attorneys on various projects
- Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships
The 1L summer internship will run for 10 weeks, from May 17 to July 23, 2021. Summer interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $12,000, which shall accrue and be paid on a weekly basis.
- Be (or become) a member of the American Bar Association - Register Here
- Be a law student with a disability
- Be enrolled at an ABA accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Be scheduled for graduation in spring 2023 (full-time students) or spring 2024 (part-time students)
Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest. Interns not local to New Jersey will be responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from Prudential's Newark, NJ office.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter, resume, list of three references, and copy of your transcript to:
Amy Allbright at firstname.lastname@example.org
(T) (202) 662-1575
(F) (202) 442-3439
Please write "Prudential Internship" in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on February 12, 2021. Finalists will be selected and notified on or before March 12, 2021.
Prudential and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.