1L Summer Internship Program with Prudential Financial, Inc.
The American Bar Association's (ABA) Commission on Disability Rights is pleased to partner with Prudential Financial, Inc. (Prudential) to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a highly motivated, first-year law student with a disability. The Commission will select a student/s to join the 2023 summer law intern class at Prudential for a 10-week internship at Prudential’s New Jersey offices, for a stipend of approximately $12,000.
The summer internship will provide interns with the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Prudential’s businesses. Other features of the summer internship program include:
- · Paid attendance at the 2023 1L LCLD Scholars Virtual Summit, May 23-25, 2023
- · Participation in training programs presented by Prudential attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department
- · Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and will provide guidance on projects and other substantive work
- · Pairing with a mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review
- · Interviewing skill development and mock interview practice
- · Networking both within Prudential and externally with law firms and regulatory groups
- · Presentation development and delivery
- · The opportunity shadow attorneys on various projects
- · Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for mock interviews and potential 2L internships
The 1L summer internship will run for 10 weeks, from May 22nd to July 28th, 2023. Summer interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $12,000, which shall accrue and be paid on a weekly basis. The program will be hybrid at our Newark, NJ location. A minimum of 1 day a week will be in the office for general intern programming.
Applicants must be a member of the American Bar Association (Register Here). They need to be a law student with a disability, be enrolled at an ABA accredited law school, and have successfully completed the first year with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). The applicant must be scheduled for graduation in spring 2025 (full-time students) or spring 2026 (part-time students). The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest.
Interns not local to New Jersey will be responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from Prudential’s offices in Newark, New Jersey.
Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit your cover letter, resume, list of three references, and copy of your transcript to:
Amy Allbright at [email protected]
(T) (202) 662-1575
Please write "Prudential Internship" in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on February 1, 2023. Finalists will be selected and notified on or before March 5, 2023.
Prudential and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.