The conference has already been completed, but the CLE panels are available as podcasts through our ABA Shop page, and the conference agenda materials can be viewed here. The Commission thanks all participants, and we hope to see you all at the next ABA-CDR National Conference!
Approximately one in five persons in the United States has a disability, making persons with disabilities the largest minority group in the nation. Questions involving persons with disabilities and their rights arise in every area of law and have a complex and developing legal landscape of their own.
This Conference examines disability issues that arise in both employment and education law. Join an esteemed group of experts representing plaintiffs, defendants, and policy-makers for a full day of premier programming. Increase your knowledge, build your skills, learn new tips and strategies, and network with other leaders in the field.
Phenomenal networking at two plenary sessions
• Federal Government Enforcement of Disability Rights
• Ethics: Representing Clients with Developmental, Intellectual, and Psychiatric Disabilities Track 1: Employment Law
Track 1: Employment Law
• Employee Leave: Navigating the Interplay Between the ADA and FMLA
• 2017-2018 Disability Employment Law Decisions: The Year in Review Civil Rights Track 2: Education Law
Track 2: Education Law
• Special Education Law and the IEP: Working with Experts to Develop IEP Content — And Resolving Disputes Along the Way
• Presenting Expert Testimony in Due Process Hearings — What You Need to Know
• Representing Students with Disabilities Facing Both School Discipline and Juvenile Justice Involvement
• The Supreme Court’s Fry and Endrew F. Decisions: Case Law Developments