What is Ombuds Day?
On Thursday, October 10, 2019, the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Section of Dispute Resolution Ombuds Committee invites you to participate in the second celebration of a profession that has existed for centuries yet remains relatively unknown and underutilized: the ombuds. This year’s theme is Ombuds: Unusual name. Important service.
Ombuds Day serves as an additional opportunity to educate and raise awareness among the public about the history and practices of the ombuds profession including the various ombuds models, the roles they play, the services they offer and the value provided.
Ombuds Day Toolkit
Interested in hosting your own Ombuds Day event or activity? Perhaps obtain a state or local Ombuds Day proclamation? Find materials, templates, inspiration and more in the Ombuds Day Toolkit.
Contact your 2019 Ombuds Day Task Force Liaison. Liaisons also want to hear about your events and proclamations!
- Coalition of Federal Ombudsman Liaison: Ken Skodacek at email@example.com
- Corporate Organization Ombudsman Roundtable Liaison: Elizabeth Lopez at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Ombudsman Association Liaison: Katie Swanson at email@example.com
- United States Ombudsman Association Liaison: Amy Calderwood at Amy.Calderwood@kingcounty.gov
- All others: Liz Hill at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Ombuds Day Events