17th Annual Advanced Mediation and Advocacy Skills Institute
South Texas College of Law Houston
November 15-16, 2019
Mastering Your Skills: Mediation Do’s and Don’ts…as Viewed Through the Lenses of Parties, Advocates and Mediators
This two-day interactive institute features opportunities to learn from some of the leading mediators and advocates in North America.
Advocates and mediators alike shouldn’t miss this opportunity to learn advanced techniques in direct negotiations and mediated settlement discussions!
Each plenary session panel features an expert mediator, in-house counsel, and a skilled outside attorney, discussing each phase of the mediation process.
Plenary sessions will be followed by small group discussions led by experts in the field. These discussions provide an opportunity for mediators and advocates to interact in small facilitated groups and creates a unique environment to enhance your skill, knowledge and understanding of direct negotiation and third-party mediation processes.
- Learn from leading advocates and mediators
- Discuss effective skills and techniques to obtain
- better outcomes for your clients
- Actively engage in discussions with presenters
- Gain new practice development skills
Who Should Attend?
- In-House Counsel and Other Corporate Users of Mediation
- American Arbitration Association International Centre for Dispute Resolution
- ABA Criminal Justice Section
- ABA Family Law Section
- ABA Forum on Construction Law
- ABA Government and Public Sector Lawyers Division
- ABA Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Section
- ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
- ABA Senior Lawyers Division
- California Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association ADR Section
- New Mexico Mediation Association
- New Mexico Statewide Alternative Dispute Resolution Commission
- Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA)
- Texas Association of Mediators