BART Transportation from San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) International Airports
BART direct service from SFO and OAK is fast and easy with lower fares then ride share companies. Plus, it gets you from SFO or OAK to downtown San Francisco in 30 minutes.
The ABA suggests taking BART airport service from SFO or OAK when you arrive and depart at either airport. BART has two downtown San Francisco stations that are a short walk to the ABA meeting hotels.
You can help the ABA achieve its sustainability goals by taking BART from SFO or OAK to your hotel in San Francisco. Take BART OAK or SFO and keep 20.2 lbs of carbon per round trip out of the air.
SFO Airport Transit Fare Comparison:
- BART SFO/OAK Round Trip (30 minutes) - $21.00*/$22.40
- SuperShuttle SFO/OAK Round Trip (45 minutes+) - $35.00/$57.00
- Uber/Lyft SFO/OAK Round Trip (time depends on traffic) - $60.00/$80.00*Online voucher round trip cost
Taking BART from SFO to San Francisco
It’s easy to get a round-trip (RT) BART SFO transfer to San Francisco when you fly into SFO. Just go to this site and buy a RT transfer voucher for only $21.00. Then print it, take it with you and exchange it at SFO for your BART ticket. Then walk to the station down the hall, place your ticket in the gate, remove it to open the gate, keep it and board a train to San Francisco. When you arrive exit at the closest station to your hotel.
Taking BART from OAK to San Francisco
Getting to downtown San Francisco, Oakland or Berkeley from OAK is easy on BART. Just walk to the BART station across from Terminal 1 and board the train to the Coliseum station. When you arrive there, get a $21.90 RT ticket to San Francisco. Place the ticket in the faregate, when it pops out remove it to exit and keep it to exit at the next station. Then walk down the right side of the main train platform, and take any San Francisco bound train to the station closest to your hotel. The trip downtown takes 30-40 minutes. The ticket has enough value for your ride back to OAK. See the BART hotel map for the closest station to your hotel.*OAK Non BART transit fare comparisons are higher
BART SFO & OAK Airport Schedules
- Monday through Friday (4:00 a.m. – 11:53 p.m.)
- Saturday (6:00 a.m. – 11:53 p.m.)
- Sunday (8:00 a.m. – 11:53 p.m.**)
BART SFO Airport Train Departures
- Weekdays – every 15 minutes.
- Nights and weekends – every 20 minutes. Some trains run past midnight. Check schedules for details.
BART OAK Airport Train Schedule
OAK to Coliseum Station (transfer to BART train here)
- Weekdays: 5 am – 11 pm: every 6 minutes
- Saturdays: 6 am – 11 pm: every 6 minutes
- Sundays: 8 am – 11 pm: every 6 minutes
- Late Nights: 11 pm – 1:15 pm every 20 minutes to limited BART train connections. Alternative plans recommended