One of the American Bar Association's core values is a commitment to diversity, which the Law Practice Division aims to reinforce in the legal tech sector. From tech founders and CEOs to small business owners, women are making a big impact on legal tech in every field.
In keeping with the spirit of progress, the Legal Technology Resource Center is proud to present its “Women of Legal Tech.” Our goal is to celebrate the women currently in the legal tech space, and to encourage more women to join the ranks.
"Women of Legal Tech" began in 2015 with an initial list created by Law Technology Today contributor and practice management advisor, Heidi Alexander. The LTRC Board selected ten new women to join the ranks in 2017 and will continue to highlight more talented women each year.
2017 LTRC's Women of Legal Tech
- Sarah Glassmeyer (@sglassmeyer) | Project Specialist Manager for ABA Center for Innovation.
- Monica Goyal (@MonicaNGoyal) | Founder of My Legal Briefcase and Aluvion Law.
- Maura Grossman | Research Professor in the School of Computer Science at the Unviersity of Waterloo in Ontario.
- Sun Kim | Special Counsel in charge of Technology Initiatives in the NYS Courts Access to Justice Program.
- Brooke Moore (@ARVirtualLawyer) | Owner of Arkansas Virtual Lawyer and MyVirtual.Lawyer.
- Antonia Roybal-Mack (@RoybalMackLaw) | Experienced litigation and planning attorney in New Mexico and developer of DivorceNM.com.
- Janine Sickmeyer (@janine_renee) | CEO and Founder of NextChapter.
- Kristen Sonday (@kristensonday) | Co-Founder of Paladin.
- Ariana Tadler (@metaediscovery) | Co-Creator of Meta-e Discovery LLC.
- Rochelle Washington (@attywashington) | Senior Staff Attorney and Practice Management Advisor at the DC Bar.
- Alma Asay (@AlmaAsay) | Founder and CEO of Allegory Law.
- Monica Bay (@MonicaBay ) | Fellow at CodeX: The Stanford Center for Legal Informatics; freelance journalist and co-host of Law Technology Now.
- Andrea Cannavina (@AndreaCan) | Founder/CEO of LegalTypist and creator of DAFT organizational process.
- Jeena Cho (@Jeena_Cho) | Founder and author of The Anxious Lawyer.
- Kelly Erb (@taxgirl) | Senior Editor at Forbes and owner at taxgirl.
- JoAnna Forshee (@InsideLegal) | CEO at InsideLegal and Envision Agency.
- Mary Juetten (@maryjuetten) | CEO and Founder of Traklight.com and Co-Founder of Evolve Law.
- Jules Miller (@HaeJules) | Co-Founder of Hire an Esquire and Evolve Law.
- Stacy Stern (@stacystern) | President of Justia and Co-Founder of FindLaw.
- Meredith Williams (@mlwilliams77) | Chief Knowledge Management Officer at Baker Donelson.