The Legal Technology Resource Center (LTRC) provides legal technology resources to ABA members through various outlets including a technology blog, publications, monthly webinars and its extensive website.
Technology lives in a state of flux which makes it challenging to stay updated, but the LTRC's expert staff and member board researches and shares information to give lawyers a competitive edge without having to take time or focus away from their clients or organizations.
Some of LTRC’s resources include:
- Law Technology Today, a blog featuring the leading voices on legal technology
- Guidance on key issues associated with technology and ethics, including a comparison of cloud computing ethics opinions
- Survey regarding lawyers’ use of technology
- Extensive research on significant emerging technology issues such as cloud computing, XML standards development, and universal citation
- Speaking on legal technology and practice management topics at Continuing Legal Education conferences throughout the United States and Canada
- Training videos on popular products and services for lawyers
The LTRC staff also collaborates with the ABA Standing Committee on Technology and Information Systems (SCOTIS), whose members provide guidance and oversight to the ABA on both external and internal technology issues.