- With increasing discourse around criminal justice issues, members can participate in knowledgeable discussions and debate around criminal justice reform.
- Committee members can take the knowledge they have received from the committee into their respective professions and raise awareness on criminal justice issues.
- Committee members can contribute
inthe development of ABA criminal justice policies and ensure that appropriate policies are being enacted to reform the criminal justice system.
- For law students, being able to ask questions of committee members about what classes to take, what to study, and what it’s like to be a lawyer in this field is invaluable.
- For those seeking leadership opportunities, the Criminal Justice Committee provides a space for members to take lead on projects, proposals
andprograms focused on criminal justice issues.
- Members are able to take direct action through
developmentof free webinars, commentary, podcasts, social media posts, and other actions that promote the committee’s goals.
- Members can increase their connections with a diverse group of practitioners who bring broad expertise to criminal justice issues
Contact Committee Leaders
Carmen Daugherty – Co-Chair, Criminal Justice Committee – Contact
Megan M. Downing – Co-Chair, Criminal Justice Committee – Contact
Stephen F. Hanlon – Vice Chair, Criminal Justice Committee – Contact