For the 2021-2022 bar year and in keeping with this year’s theme of “Unity Through Civic Literacy,” we will be reading Schoolhouse Burning: Public Education and the Assault on American Democracy, by Derek W. Black. This terrific book will enlighten our understanding of the right to a quality public education in America and inform our work toward this year’s theme.
We’re so happy you’ve decided to participate in the Section's inaugural book club. Please follow the instructions below to join with your Section members in this initiative:
- Buy the book | via Amazon OR Bookshop
- Watch the kickoff session with author Derek W. Black
- Follow the reading schedule:
- October – read through Chapter 2
- November – read Chapters 3-6
- December – read Chapters 7-9
- January – read Chapters 10-11
- Post your thoughts as you read on the One Section, One Book ABA Connect.
- Register for End of the Year Party on Wednesday, December 15, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. ET and participate in fun book trivia! | Register Here