In observance of World AIDS Day, this webinar offers a retrospective on the legal, social, and medical struggles and successes associated with HIV/AIDS over the last four decades and a sense of the future in light of them. Presenters discuss their personal journeys as survivors and advocates. Join the conversation!
Welcome and Introduction
- Margaret Drew, Chair, ABA HIV/AIDS Impact Project; Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts School of Law
- Venita Ray, Co-Executive Director, Positive Women’s Network - USA
- Scott Schoettes, Attorney/Consultant and Person Living with HIV; Member, ABA HIV/AIDS Impact Project
- Brad Sears, Associate Dean of Public Interest Law, UCLA School of Law; Founding Executive Director and David Sanders Distinguished Scholar of Law & Policy, The Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law; Member, ABA HIV/AIDS Impact Project
- Allison Nichol, Director of Legal Advocacy, Jean A. Carpenter Legal Defense Fund, The Epilepsy Foundation of America; Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
CRSJ provides free webinars and resources for legal professionals and advocates nationwide and relies on generous donor support and volunteer service. Your charitable gift ensures that we continue to address the deepening crises in our collective pursuit of advancing law and justice. Thank you!