Please join us for the Seventh Annual State of Voting Rights program. Our esteemed panel consists of those who run elections, advocate for voters, and fight for the right to vote in the courts and in halls of Congress. We plan to have a comprehensive conversation about threats to the franchise, redistricting, the Electoral Count Act and prospective policy changes on the federal and state level. The Supreme Court opinions in Merrill v. Milligan, focusing on the Voting Rights Act, and Moore v. Harper, dealing with the “Independent State Legislature” theory also figure prominently into our discussion.
Welcome and Introduction
- Juan R. Thomas, Chair, ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice; Of Counsel, Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A.
- Adam Ambrogi, Senior Director for Voting and Elections, National League of Women Voters
- Khyla D. Craine, Deputy Legal Director, Michigan Department of State
- Caleb Jackson, Policy Counsel, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Abha Khanna, Partner, Elias Law Group
- Jason A. Abel, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP; Co-Chair, Civil Rights and Equal Opportunity Committee, ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice
CRSJ provides free webinars and resources for legal professionals and advocates nationwide and relies on generous donor support and volunteer service. Your charitable gift ensures that we continue to address the deepening crises in our collective pursuit of advancing law and justice. Thank you!