This year has seen systemic issues of race, rights, and access to justice brought to light in new ways through the lens of a global pandemic and a politically divided nation, and attorneys with LSC-funded legal aid programs have been on the frontlines of many of these challenges. This is a forward-thinking discussion on what 2021 holds for you, your civil legal aid practice, and your clients, as well as how the ABA advocates on behalf of LSC programs and the issues you care about, and how you can get connected and make an impact.
- How legal aid lawyers can make impactful change in the race equity arena
- The impact of the pandemic and the election on civil legal aid and public defender funding
- How to engage pro bono resources to meet your clients' unmet legal needs
- The state of the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- How to lend your voice to national advocacy efforts
- ABA resources and opportunities to support your work and career in legal aid