This program features members of the legal profession with diverse backgrounds who have coped with and overcome adversity to achieve career success. Participants hear inspiring and empowering stories of triumph as the panelists share the challenges they faced when pursuing their dreams including, for example, being the first of their race and/or ethnicity to attain a certain goal, involvement in the foster care and juvenile justice systems, and the impacts of financial struggles. The panelists speak about the value of education for achieving their goals and talk about the paths they took to get where they are today.
- Hon. Kelvin D. Filer, Judge, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Hon. Rose Hom, Retired Judge, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Maripau Paz, 3L Law Student, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- Claudia B. Quintero, Assistant Professor of Law, Western New England University School of Law
- Cary Martin Shelby, Professor of Law, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Beth K. Whittenbury, Immediate Past Chair, ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice; Senior Equity Analyst, Los Angeles County Superior Court
CRSJ provides free webinars and resources for legal professionals and advocates nationwide and relies on generous donor support and volunteer service. Your charitable gift ensures that we continue to address the deepening crises in our collective pursuit of advancing law and justice. Thank you!