As the country adjusts to the new normal presented by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, workers living with HIV and other immune system complications are facing additional challenges and new avenues of discrimination. This webinar features the 2020 recipients of the Alexander D. Forger Awards, who are nationally recognized for their sustained commitment to providing direct legal services to individuals affected by HIV. They discussed the forms of discrimination that may arise in employment, compensation, and health care, as well as highlighted the resources and legal remedies that attorneys, advocates, and direct service providers can utilize to protect the rights of those living with HIV.
- Forger Award 2020 recipients:
- Yolanda French Lollis, Managing Attorney, AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania
- William McColl, Past Vice President for Advocacy and Policy, AIDS United
- Armen H. Merjian, Legal Director, Housing Works/HIV Law Project
- Jesse Milan, Jr., President and CEO, AIDS United
- Scott Schoettes, Counsel the HIV Project Director, Lambda Legal
- Margaret Drew – Chair, ABA HIV/AIDS Impact Project; Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts School of Law
Presentation: Jesse Milan, Jr.
Know Your Rights: COVID-19 & HIV
Lambda Legal | April 27, 2020