Who would have predicted the coronavirus crisis and its impact on just about everyone in every way—health and safety, financial, employment and so much more. These problems are exacerbated in immigrant communities. Many people are now considering options that they did not envision thinking about for many years, if at all. The panel features insight from 5 legal experts in the areas of: Domestic Relations, Workers’ Compensation, Workers’ Rights, Guardianships and Powers of Attorney, and Immigration, who discuss various options that can be considered now as well as preparing for future crises.
- Honorable Grace G. Dickler, Presiding Judge, Domestic Relations Division, Circuit Court of Cook County
- Moises Hernandez, Esq., Immigration Attorney, Hernandez & Reynolds, LLC
- Michael W. Massiate, Of Counsel, DLA Piper
- Lisa Murphy, Staff Attorney, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- Richard Pena, President & CEO; Law Offices of Richard Pena, P.C.
- Caroline Shoenberger, Chief Executive Officer, Shoenberger Public Interest Law Foundation
Joint Sponsor: ABA Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights & Responsibilities