At the 2020 Midyear Meeting, the Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice, the Standing Committee on Election Law, the Government and Public Sector Lawyers Division, the Governmental Affairs Office, the Section of State and Local Government Law , and the Commission on the Nineteenth Amendment Commission sponsored a Vote Your Voice booth highlighting ABA election-related resources for meeting attendees to utilize during the 2020 election cycle. The booth - located directly next to ABA registration - was wildly popular and received much acclaim from the meeting attendees.
The resources offered at the Vote Your Voice Booth were designed to provide members and non-members, from all levels of awareness, with the tools and information they need this election cycle. The booth also re-launched the Standing Committee’s “Lawyer as Citizen” initiative, which encourages lawyers to serve as poll workers. The interactive features of the booth were featured alongside the opportunity to conduct video interviews, which featured current ABA President Judy Perry Martinez among others. with lawyers who have served as poll workers, and other activities.
- The Standing Committee on Election Law's Vote Your Voice Resource Center, offering State-by-State Information and Resources to Help You #VoteYourVoice (ambar.org/vote & voteyourvoicenow.org)
- The Governmental Affairs Office's Election Center, where members have the ability to register to vote and check their districts’ absentee and early voting rules (ambar.org/electioncenter)
- The Section's Voting Rights Issue of the Human Rights Magazine
- 19th Amendment Centennial Resources
- Voting-related Midyear Meeting events & policies