With our democracy under attack, please join us for the Sixth Annual State of Voting Rights program. Our esteemed panel addresses the impact of the “Big Lie” and election subversion in light of the January 6th insurrection and discusses the threats for the 2022 midterm and 2024 general elections. Additionally, we analyze the consequences of new state voting laws passed after the 2020 general election, and efforts in Congress to pass legislation blunting the impact of such laws.
- Amir Badat, Voting Special Counsel and Manager, Voting Rights Defender and Prepared to Vote Projects, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- Jacqueline De León, Staff Attorney, Native American Rights Fund
- Addisu Demissie, Executive Director, More Than A Vote
- Richard L. Hasen, Chancellor’s Professor of Law and Political Science, University of California, Irvine School of Law; Co-Director, Fair Elections and Free Speech Center, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Jason A. Abel, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP; Co-Chair, Civil Rights and Equal Opportunity Committee, ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice
Login to view the webinar recording. Not a member of the Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice? Join the Section today!
CRSJ provides free webinars and resources for legal professionals and advocates nationwide and relies on generous donor support and volunteer service. Your charitable gift ensures that we continue to address the deepening crises in our collective pursuit of advancing law and justice. Thank you!