This program will address how Blockchain technology offers innovative solutions to disaster relief, sustainable development, and issues of environmental, economic and social equity while first helping us understand the underlying technology behind it. In this 2-hour learning experience, practitioners, policy makers, students, advocates and curious surveyors will:
- Understand the value of decentralized ledgers and systems.
- Understand cryptocurrencies and their consensus mechanism.
- Understand the value and mechanisms of smart-contracts.
- Understand blockchain’s application across disaster relief, sustainable development and environmental justice
- Participate in a Q&A to stimulate creative thinking for potential applications of Blockchain technology to solve our greatest challenges
Chafic El Kurdi, Head Blockchain Development for Eden GeoPower
Host: Stephanie Trager, Co-Chair CRSJ Environmental Justice Committee
Stephanie is founder and CEO of Intentional Paradigms