June 2, 2017
Fordham University School of Law
150 W 62nd St.
New York, NY
For the Eighth Year, the ABA Criminal Justice Section and the Louis Stein Center for Law & Ethics will bring together experts, including academics, prosecutors, defense lawyers, scientists and others to discuss forensic evidence and its impact on the criminal justice system.
This year’s topics include:
· Forensic Science Update – to include PCAST black box studies and how courts are handling these
· DNA – touch DNA transfer, phenotyping markers, likelihood ratios; familial searches
· Facial recognition science and privacy issues this raises
· Legalization of marijuana and how evidence presented in court
· Ethics – lawyers’ duty to correct errors postconviction