The Criminal Justice Section's 40 committees cover a range of subjects and practice areas. Committees offer high quality CLE at our Section Meetings, connects members with opportunities to network, publish, hold leadership meetings, access relevant criminal law information, and much more. Section Members can join an unlimited number of committees at no extra cost. To get started, follow the below instructions.
Already a Section Member? Manage Your Committees here.
How to Join (or Leave) a Committee
To join (or leave) a committee, simply follow the steps below.
- Click Log In in the upper right corner of this website.
- Log in to your MyABA account. If you do not remember your email address or password, click Need Help Logging In? and follow the instructions.
- Once you are logged in, click 'Hi Your Name' in the upper right then click My ABA.
- On the My ABA Dashboard page, click on Manage Memberships (a button toward the right with a right arrow).
- If you are a Section Member, you will see Criminal Justice Section under Specialty Group Memberships & Committees, click Join Committees to the right. If you are not a Section member, consider joining the Section to access our committees.
- You will now see a list of Criminal Justice Section Committees. To join one, simply click Join next to the name of the committee. A check mark will appear to confirm you have joined. To leave a committee, simply click the check mark and you will see Join reappear indicating you are no longer a member of that committee.
- Joining a committee will automatically add you to the committee's listserv. Committees encourage member involvement through these committee listservs, other online platforms, and in-person at our meetings and events.
For Further Assistance
If you need further assistance in joining CJS committee(s), contact Regina Ashmon, Committee Manager.