Myrna S. Raeder was a professor at Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, California, a past chair of the American Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section, and the Association of American Law Schools' Evidence and Women in Legal Education Sections. She was a nationally known expert on evidence and Gender issues in Sentencing and Corrections.
Andrew Eric Taslitz (“Andy”) was Chair-Elect of the Criminal Justice Section in 2014 but died before he could contribute his talents and energy to the Section as its Chair. He was a brilliant thinker and an esteemed member of the Howard Law School faculty for 23 years before being recruited and hired by the Washington College of Law at American University in 2012. Andy served the Criminal Justice Section in many ways and in a variety of roles. He was Chair of Criminal Justice Magazine and, with Myrna serving with him, was key to transforming the magazine into a widely admired publication.
Awardees will be a professor at an ABA-accredited law school who meet the following criteria:
- exemplify ethical and professional conduct
- are a law professor at an ABA-accredited university
- demonstrate excellence in scholarship, teaching or community service
- have made a significant contribution to promoting public understanding of criminal justice, justice and fairness in the criminal justice system, or best practices on the part of lawyers and judges
2021 Nomination Deadline – May 31, 2021
Nominations should include:
- the CJS Awards Nomination Form
- a letter addressing the award criteria listed above
- the nominee’s resume
- any other supporting documentation of the nominee’s achievements in the criminal justice field
Incomplete nomination packages will not be considered. Should no qualified candidate be identified in a particular year the award will not be presented that year.
Nominations must be emailed to email@example.com
- 2014 Stephen Saltzburg
- 2015 James Coleman
- 2016 Angela Davis
- 2017 Ellen Podgor
- 2018 Paolo Annino
- 2019 Joseph L. Hoffmann
- 2020 Maryam Ahranjani