Associate Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court
Nominated: July 19, 2005
Nomination withdrawn: September 6, 2005
Chief Justice of the United States
Nominated: September 6, 2005
Confirmed: September 29, 2005
Federal Government Resources
- The White House: Nomination Announcement for Chief Justice
- U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary: S. Hrg. 109-158, Confirmation Hearing on the Nomination of John G. Roberts, Jr., to be Chief Justice of the United States
- The White House: Nomination Announcement for Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- Library of Congress: Justice John G. Roberts, Jr.
- Supreme Court Historical Society: Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr.