Please join us for the following FREE upcoming webinars in May. Both will take place 1:00 – 2:30 PM ET. Information on registration will be out soon via email and ABA Connect.
“Payment Challenges during Pandemics and Natural Disasters” – May 12
This webinar will present lessons learned by two experts in dealing with how to keep payments moving and banks open during pandemics and natural disasters. Stephen T. Middlebrook will review how the United States Treasury prepared to disburse relief funds to individuals affected by Hurricane Katrina via debit cards. Richard M. Fraher will describe efforts by the Federal Reserve Banks and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to keep payment moving following 9/11 and also their efforts to assist banks before they could reopen following Hurricane Katrina and in other disaster-hit areas, including the enactment of "Check 21" to speed up electronic presentment of checks and check images. Both will discuss continuing innovations in payments systems and products that are now available to keep payments moving in hard times.
- Moderator: Sarah Jane Hughes, University Scholar at Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Richard M. Fraher, previously VP and Counsel at the Federal Reserve of Atlanta, now adjunct professor at Emory University College of Law
- Stephen T. Middlebrook, Of Counsel, Womble Bond Dickinson
“Practical Guidance for Corporate Officers and Directors in Managing Cyber and Privacy Risks” – May 19
Corporate boards are increasingly coming under scrutiny as to how they oversee management of cybersecurity risk and communicate those risks to stockholders. The panelists on this webinar will discuss recent regulatory guidance for corporate boards and best practice guidelines to board members for overseeing their organization’s cybersecurity and data privacy risk management strategy.
- Moderator: William R. Denny, Partner, Potter Anderson Coroon LLP
- Catherine A. Allen, Chairman & CEO, The Santa Fe Group
- David Hale, Chief Privacy Office & General Counsel, TD Ameritrade