Our Committee will hold its annual Cyberspace Law Institute and Winter Working Meeting on January 24-25, 2020 in Phoenix, Arizona. The meeting will be at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University. This is a terrific venue, and we are grateful for the school’s support and collaboration as we put together another outstanding opportunity for professional development, networking, and friendship building.
Registration is open. Please sign up now!
We received an abundance of excellent program proposals and are pleased to include the following topics for 6.5 hours of CLE:
- The UCC and Emerging Technologies
- How Emerging Technologies Are Disrupting Cybersecurity
- Practical Applications of Faster Payments and the Legal Issues They Present
- Crossing the Chasm from Social Engineer to Governance Designer
- Update on EU Privacy Compliance in Light of Brexit and Recent Watershed EU Decisions and Regulatory Guidance
- Litigating Privacy: Smart Strategies to Curb Your Company’s or Your Client’s Exposure
- Embedded Security Risks and AI
- CCPA Compliance Update
- How Blockchain is Changing Healthcare
- Data Mining the Audience
While we pack a lot about the latest in cyberspace law into the CLE programs, the meeting also provides great opportunities to get to know your colleagues and relax. Included in the low $290 meeting fee are a cocktail party on Thursday, two breakfasts, Friday lunch, and the CLE. We also have a fun, casual dinner on Friday evening (separate ticket required). It’s optional, but almost everyone will be there and spouses are welcome. Other options include a Thursday afternoon hike on nearby Saddleback Mountain (see letter above) and an informal lunch on Saturday for those who want to stay and soak up the Arizona sun for another hour or two.
We look forward to seeing you in Phoenix!