George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School is hosting a webinar on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 from 12:00pm – 1:30pm EST on the financial and regulatory issues raised by the proposed Libra virtual currency sponsored by Facebook and several dozen other financial and tech companies.
The expert panel will discuss the implications of key elements of Libra, including:
- Will Libra issuers be “banks”?
- How will the distriubution and redemption model operate?
- What are the global monetary policy implications of the Libra model?
- How will success of the system and sterilization of trillions in assets backing Libra affect economies?
- Will this push Congress to consider regulation that is functionally-driven rather than status-driven?
- Brian Brooks, Chief Legal Officer, Coinbase
- Sarah Jane Hughes, University Scholar and Fellow in Commercial Law, Indiana University School of Law
- Thomas Vartanian, Professor of Law, Scalia Law School, and Executive Director, Law & Economics Center, Program on Financial Regulation & Technology
If you would like to join us for the webinar, please contact Andrew McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 993-8008.