Dear Cyberspace Colleagues:
Spring Meeting in Vancouver, BC is just a couple of weeks away, and we have a great schedule for you. You can still register online. All our committee meetings will take place on Thursday, March 28 with the full committee meeting at 9 am. If you are unable to attend in person, dial-in information for the meetings will be available soon. We welcome you to participate telephonically!
Our Cyberspace Law CLE programs are:
- Guiding Clients Through CFIUS Review in the Wake of the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2018 – Thursday, 3/28, 2:30-4 pm (Chair: Roland Trope)
- Critical Cybersecurity Compliance Issues for Canadian and US Companies Operating Cross-Border – Friday, 3/29, 8:30-10 am (Chairs: Andrew Alleyne and David Aschkinasi)
- The Law of Artificial Intelligence and Smart Machines – Friday, 3/29, 10:30-noon (Chair: Ted Claypoole)
- Medical AI: Legal Issues of Robotics in Healthcare – Friday, 3/29, 2:30-4 pm (Chairs: Lisa Lifshitz and Carla Reyes)
- Government Regulation of Blockchain: What, How, and Why (Bother)? – Saturday, 3/30, 8:30-10 am (Chair: A.J. Bosco)
While dial-in is not available for the CLE programs, the recordings and materials should be posted online a few weeks after the meeting.
And don’t forget our Thursday evening dinner. We will be joined by colleagues from a few other committees for a fun time at Steamworks, where we have a private room. Dinner, drinks, and the best company in Vancouver for just $60—thanks to the generous sponsorship of Torkin Manes. Thank you, Lisa Lifshitz! Given ongoing difficulties with the new ABA website, dinner registrations must be made via phone or fax. You can get the information and form here. We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver.
Cheryl Dancey Balough