The first half of the year 2020 has been one of challenges as a global pandemic changed the way we live and work. The new challenges for law firms and financial services providers are too numerous to mention. The personal cost for some people is incalculable, as friends and loved ones of our members have struggled with COVID-19 infections. So many individuals worldwide have lost that struggle.
As difficult as this period has been, these challenges have been met with flexibility and ingenuity. Regulators, financial service providers, and their attorneys have worked tirelessly to address many of the financial effects of the pandemic and the associated needs to understand regulatory guidance. Even in these trying times, lawyers are providing insight and innovation, and even some needed doses of humor.
In addition to the amazing and timely resources provided by our members and their respective firms and companies, to which we encourage everyone to read, here are some federal resources in one list that we hope will be of help to our members:
- Federal Reserve Guidance
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Credit Reporting Guidance
- CFPB Consumer-Facing COVID-19 Page
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency COVID-19 Page
- Federal Trade Commission COVID-19 Page
- National Consumer Law Center COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Page for Businesses
- American Bar Association COVID-19 Taskforce Page
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency COVID-19 Page
We hope you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe during this difficult time.
Your CFSC Newsletter Editors