Following the successful programs in Vancouver, the BCLC is looking forward to the 2019 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. The Committee expects to present another set of five engaging and compelling programs at the upcoming Annual Meeting, which will take place on September 12-14, 2019.
“Alternative Entities Top Ten: Liability and Governance Issues for Deal Attorneys and Litigators – Interactive!” will be chaired by Judge Meghan A. Adams of the Delaware Superior Court and co-chaired by Justice Saliann Scarpulla of the New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division
and will take place on Thursday, September 12 from 8:30 AM – 10 AM.
Thursday from 10:30 AM – Noon, “When Good Deals Go Bad: Ethical Issues Raised by Failed Transactions”, chaired by Paul J. Masinter of Stone Pigman Walther Wittmann L.L.C. in New Orleans, Louisiana and co-chaired by Judge Lita Popke of the Third Judicial Circuit Court of Michigan.
Thursday afternoon from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM, “The Supreme Court in Review: Cases Affecting Business from the October 2018 Term” will be co-chaired by Chief Justice Myron T. Steel of the Delaware Supreme Court and Todd Lundell of Snell & Wilmer L.L.P. in Costa Mesa, California.
On Friday, from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM, “Streamlining Business Cases for Trial: A View from the Bench” will be co-chaired by Vice Chancellor Joseph R. Slights of the Delaware Court of Chancery, Chief Justice James L. Gale of the North Carolina Business Court, and Lewis H. Lazarus of Morris James LLP in Wilmington, Delaware.
Rounding out the programs, the BCLC will present “Sleeping Better at Night: A Guide to Preventing M&A Litigation” will take place Friday from 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM and will be co-chaired by Sarah A. Tomkowiak of Latham & Watkins LLP in Washington, D.C. and Edward A. Deibert of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP in San Francisco, California.
The BCLC will also be co-sponsoring five programs that other committees are presenting:
- “How the Global Financial Crisis Shaped New York Law” will be presented by the Securitization and Structured Finance Committee on Thursday from 8:30 AM – 10 AM.
- “The Tangled Intersection of Mass Torts, Bankruptcy and Regulatory Law: What Can Be Learned From PG&E?” will be presented by the Business Bankruptcy Committee on Friday 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM.
- “Prepping Clients and Crystalizing Issues for Resolution of Corporate Divorce & Complex Ownership Disputes through Mediation and Arbitration” will be presented by the Dispute Resolution Committee on Saturday 8:30 AM - 10 AM.
- "Making Difficult & Distressed Corporate Divorce & Complex Ownership Disputes Resolvable through Mediation and Arbitration, Inside and Outside of Court Litigation: A Case Study / Mock-Dispute Resolution” will be presented by the Dispute Resolution Committee on Saturday 10:30 AM – Noon.
- “Navigating the Conflicting Federal and State Laws for Doing Business With Cannabis Companies” will be presented by the Business Crimes & Investigation Committee on Saturday 10:30 AM – Noon.
Looking forward to seeing you in D.C.!