2017 Spring Meeting
In 12 weeks, the Business Law Section is heading to New Orleans for the 2017 Spring Meeting. The Spring Meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans April 5–8, 2017.
Attend the Spring Meeting to:
- Expand your knowledge to stay on the cutting edge of the law and learn from the experts from over 90 CLE programs
- Design your experience to connect with thought leaders at substantive meetings and social events
- Collaborate with professionals in every practice area
- Build your network with corporate counsel, private practitioners, judges and regulators
- Experience committee dinners hosted at restaurants throughout New Orleans
Read on for information on registration, special events, and more!
Register by February 3, 2017, to save $50. Special discounts are available for young lawyers and first-timers. Pricing and registration information is available here.
Plan your Meeting schedule! Access the Spring Meeting brochure here to learn about all the CLE programs and substantive committee meetings at the Spring Meeting. You may also view the program schedule alphabetically or chronologically here.
In addition to the Section Luncheon and Section Dinner, attendees are invited to attend several special events throughout the meeting. Highlights are below, and make sure to read about the rest of the Spring Meeting’s special events here.
- Every day, attendees will have the opportunity to wake up early and join the Business Law Section Health Club with a scenic walk or run through the neighborhoods of New Orleans. Each participant will receive a T-shirt.
- Kick off your meeting the night before at the Diversity Networking Reception from 6:30 to 8:30 pm on April 5.
- All first-time meeting attendees are invited to a special welcome breakfast at 9:30 am on April 6 featuring a meet and great with Section Chair Bill Johnston and other committee leaders.
- New networking event! Attendees are invited to join ABA President Linda Klein and Section Leaders at the Section Connection Reception from 5:00 to 6:00 pm on April 6.
Hundreds of speakers volunteer their time and expertise to create excellent programming at the Section Spring Meeting. The Section is appreciative of the vital role speakers play in cultivating successful CLE programs, committee, and subcommittee meetings. If you are serving as a speaker at the Spring Meeting, please visit this page for important information in preparing for the meeting.
We hope to see you there!
BLS Trivia Answer: On its webpage dedicated to the types and benefits of ADR, the Judicial Branch of California identifies (1) saving time, (2) saving money, (3) increasing control over the process and the outcome, (4) preserving relationships, (5) increasing satisfaction and (6) improving attorney-client relationships as six of the potential benefits of ADR. For more information about ADR, consider joining the American Bar Association’s Section of Dispute Resolution and perusing its resources.